Sports Turf Groundskeeper
Location – Rockland, MA
- Understanding of baseball and softball infield and mound maintenance practices
- Ability to safely operate and maintain commercial rotary mowers
- Understanding of cultural practices utilized in turfgrass management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to professionally interact with customers
- Strong decision making, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- 2 years’ experience in sports turf, landscaping, or golf course management preferred
- Turfgrass Science Degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods
- OSHA 10 Card (or ability to obtain)
- Valid MA and/or RI Pesticide Applicator License (or ability to obtain)
- Valid MA Hoisting License and/or RI Hoisting Engineers License (or ability to obtain)
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel throughout New England and Mid- Atlantic regions
Compensation based on experience.
- 401(k) Participation
- Paid Time Off
- Several Annual Paid Holidays
- Health and Dental Insurance
About R.A.D Sports:
Since 1994 R.A.D. Sports has grown to be one of the most trusted and successful builders of high-quality sports facilities. As a full-service construction company, R.A.D. Sports handles projects from design to completion and everything in between. R.A.D. Sports has installed hundreds of natural and synthetic turf fields for colleges, secondary schools, and municipalities up and down the East Coast. With each customized project, the R.A.D. Sports team ensures a premier combination of knowledge, communication, materials and services.
R.A.D. Sports is looking to hire a Sports Turf Groundkeeper to assist with the maintenance of natural grass fields throughout New England. This position will be responsible for seeding, sodding, fertilizing, irrigating, equipment operation, aerating, topdressing, and infield/mound maintenance and repair.
R.A.D. Sports is an equal opportunity employer.