Who We Are
R.A.D. Sports is a family-owned business that specializes in the construction of high-quality athletic and recreation facilities. Our projects are located throughout the New England and Mid-Atlantic regions. Since 1994, R.A.D. Sports has grown to be one of the most trusted and successful athletic and recreation facility contractors in the industry. Robert M. Delmonico and Derek J. Delmonico, brothers and owners of R.A.D. Sports, provide hands-on management of each project. They bring a solid foundation of knowledge and experience and have dedicated themselves to building a company with the finest reputation in the industry.
R.A.D. is headquartered in Rockland, MA and has a 12,000 SF office facility on a 10-acre construction yard, which services our fleet of equipment and houses 20 full time office employees (i.e. project managers, engineers, surveyors, estimators, mechanics, accounting, etc.). During construction periods, we employee approximately 180 - 200 employees that service our clients from Maine to Virginia.
What We Do
R.A.D. Sports is a full-service construction company that offers its clients a single-source for all their project needs. From Master Planning through ribbon-cutting, R.A.D. has the in-house staff to complete all the tasks associated with the planning, permitting, design and construction of high-end, state-of-the-art athletic and recreation facilities. Here's a short list of services that we can provide:
Why Choose Us
- Completed over 450 projects in 25 years.
- Our projects are consistently completed on time and within budget.
- We pride ourselves on our award winning projects. Ask around, our reputation is second to none!
- Collaborate well with owners and their representatives. Our experience has taught us to listen and adapt as necessary as a project progresses.
- We own and operate state-of-the-art equipment; our laser graders and earth moving equipment exceed industry standards.
- Workforce is extremely knowledgeable and many of our employees have been with us since inception, their experience is invaluable.
- We are leaders in our industry and active members of the American Sports Builder’s Association (ASBA). Our projects are consistent winners of annual ASBA Facility Awards for their quality of construction. Robert M. Delmonico, President of R.A.D., is an ASBA Certified Field Builder.
- After 25 years, we know the most reliable suppliers and subcontractors and only work with the best.
- Work well within restrictions and difficult conditions for each project (ie. tight sites, time frames, school and event schedules, value engineering, etc.)
“I never dreamed that it would take more than four years to get town and state approval for our new field, especially when we were building it for students for whom time is very precious. Today, the field that RAD Sports built was truly enjoyed by some very special people. When those wheelchairs moved across the field, I thought of the careful attention to detail that Derek took in making this field just perfect. Your incredible building team had our students in mind when you took an inaccessible swamp and made it into a fully accessible playing field in 3 weeks. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”
TheCotting School | Lexington, MA
“You accepted the challenge with a limited summer construction schedule and delivered an outstanding project, on time, on budget and with the highest standards of workmanship. In less than 12 weeks, you transformed our campus and created athletic facilities which now match the high standards we set for our students who use the facilities. The quality of your work has had a very positive effect on the BC High students who use the facilities.”
Executive Director of Capitol Planning and Technology | Boston College High School | Dorchester, MA
“As the athletic director for Bentley College, I worked very closely with RAD Sports on a recently completed field renovation project costing in excess of one million dollars. This company did an excellent job in every aspect associated with a project of this size. Numerous difficulties were presented toward this project and RAD Sports met each one of these challenges in a first-class manner. Timetables were adhered to, change orders were non-existent, and lines of communication were well established.”
Director of Athletics | Bentley College | Waltham, MA
“When RAD Sports wins one of our projects we are all able to breathe easier. They bring competitive pricing, years of experience, and exceptional attention to detail. Their knowledge of the industry is invaluable and we continue to look to them as a resource time and time again.”
Milone and Macbroom | Architects for Cheshire High School | Cheshire, CT
From the start, RAD Sports personnel worked closely with us to make sure this project met our needs and was completed in a timely fashion. I have worked with many construction companies in my 25 years as Athletic Director and I rank you at the top of the list in the construction of athletic facilities.”